Pages

Monday, March 25, 2013

Summer 2013 T-Minus 5 Weeks!!


I am done with school in 5 weeks! In 5 weeks I will technically be a senior in college! SCARY! This summer has so many exciting things in store for me! I am turning 21 in August (insert snickers and laughter), but honestly I am most excited to just have the chance to get a glass of wine with a friend on a weekend, nothing crazy for this future teacher!! I will also be teaching gymnastics camps, and dance camps.  I will be teaching a language immersion camp.  I will be working New Student Orientation at my college, for the 3rd year, which is one of the highlights of my summer. And I will be traveling to Indiana, Washington D.C. and possibly a few other places for conferences and to see friends.  Lastly, and before any of this fun stuff starts, I will be having surgery on my back.  A long awaited surgery, one that feels like it has been in the planning for years.  Without giving away details, my recovery won't be too long, but I will be out for a little while and I will have to do rehab for a bit.  But I am determined to continue with the summer I have planned.  This means I will need to eat well, exercise every way I know how without hurting my back and relearning how to strengthen my core to support my back muscles again.  It will be one of those times when "Hard work and determination [will NEED to] pay off."

What are you doing for Summer? Making any healthy living goals? With swimsuit season upon us, many people think they need to get ultra skinny.  Remember, it is more important to be healthy than to make yourself sick thinking and obsessing over how you look.  Find a realistic goal for yourself and work towards it.  Any progress is a positive sign.  Reward yourself with a mani/pedi, or a smoothie! Love the body you have and fight to keep it that way :) 

Stay Balanced

No comments:

Post a Comment