Pages

Friday, March 1, 2013

Spring Break....Time to Get Back on Balance and Avoid Falling Off

It is Spring Break here! And I am SO excited! I can't wait to see my dad and my puppy at home.  I can't wait to sleep in and lay around all day and have free time to do whatever I want.  Oh...and want to know what else I can't wait to do...I can't wait to EAT! I love going home to Southern California because I get to eat at my favorite restaurants.  I get to eat steak at Flemings, the best Veal Milanese at Il Barone, and garlic parmesan fries that would make your mouth water from a mile away at The Counter! None of this sounds healthy though does it?

They aren't leafy salads and cucumber soup, but they do have nutritional value.  Lean beef is an anti-inflammatory, did you know that? It is also filled with iron, omega 3, and Vitamin B12.  The nutrients in red meat help your body create healthy skin, bones and eyes.  Veal is one of the leanest meats, and is usually the most tender. Both veal and beef are stated to be "part of a well balanced diet".  And well....parmesan garlic fries are just really tasty.





One of my other favorite parts about going home is keeping up with my fitness in a fun way! I love being able to go on runs or walks around my neighborhood.  There is a park near my house (If you want a vision, I live at the top of a hill and the park is at the bottom and off to the side) So I usually go on a walk or run down the hill, to the park, then I spend some time swinging on the swings or walking around the park listening to my I-pod.  Other ways I like to work out when I'm home is by playing tennis with my dad, going to the gym at the community center near my house, or going swimming.  I also go back to my cheer/gymnastics gym and coach and tumble there.

Lastly, when I go home, I love to cook and bake.  I love to try new and fun recipes.  And I love to try new recipes that feature healthy alternatives, like using apple sauce instead of oil, or other unique options.  Making baking and cooking fun and healthy is what will make it easier to do, and an easier regimen to get into.

When spring break comes for you, whether it is now, or in a month, just remember to stay active, while also enjoying yourself.  Don't limit yourself to only eating celery stalks.  Eat well, enjoy your hometown or wherever you are spending your vacation and relish the time you have with the people you are spending it with.  Feeling good is what will keep you on balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment