Pages

Monday, February 11, 2013

Kicking Off Love Your Body Week In Style

This week at my college campus is Love Your Body Week.  This is one of my favorite times of the year! This week is all about promoting healthy living and balanced lifestyles.  Today (Monday) kicks off the week with "Chalk the Walk" where students can write inspirational messages on the walkway in front of the Student Center as well as the departments putting on Love Your Body Week are handing out t-shirts to promote the week! I am going to get one in a few minutes.


Tomorrow (Tuesday) Chris Blackburn, a former contestant from the popular TV show, the Biggest Loser is coming to campus to speak.
On Wednesday they are showing the HBO documentary "Thin" which follows patients at Renfrew Center in Coconut Creek, Florida, a rehabilitation facility for individuals suffering from anorexia nervosa and bulimia nervosa.  They are also bringing a panel of experts to speak about the subject of fad diets, eating disorders and the difference between disordered eating and eating disorders.
On Thursday, different local vendors are coming to campus to promote their products.  All the vendors are from companies that promote healthy living and pampering yourself.  So they include spas, hair salons, Bath and Body Works, massages, gyms, etc
On Friday, it is Treat Yourself Day to finish off the week. There will be snacks, non-food treats, and the smoothie bike will be on the lawn as an interactive way to make your own smoothie or milkshake.

I had the opportunity to help plan some of the events and I get to meet the speakers both on Tuesday and Wednesday and I can't wait to hear what they have to say.


Hopefully I will be able to post some photos later this week of me at some of the events this week! But Let me tell you, I am so excited to be a part of this important week on campus and all the advocacy that follows with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment