Pages

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Top 10 Ways to Make Working Out So Much Fun!

Working out is an integral part of living a balanced life.  BUT....the basic idea of working out can be really boring and a turn off for most people.  Not everyone wants to walk on a treadmill endlessly, and others would rather do that then go outside and run on actual hard pavement.  Some people work out better in groups, like an exercise class or a walking group, while others excel with private workouts.  I fall into the latter category.  I hate working out in a group.  I feel like I always have to stay on a specific pace and only do what the group is doing, so I get bored or frustrated, and then loose interest and motivation.


I am much happier going to the gym alone, with my I-pod in and some fast paced music to pump me up! I usually start with cardio and then move to isolating specific areas, but maybe the gym isn't for you.  It honestly isn't my ideal place to work out either.  I was raised in sports, so I like doing things rather than just working out.
I found a list of some fun work out classes/regimens that are on the rise right now:


  1. Boxing
  2. Cardio Ballet-dance and cardio combined
  3. "Barre"-a class that uses a ballet barre to help strengthen your core by adding in medicine balls, or hand/ankle weights.  A lot of time it is mixed with a cardio element too
  4. Indoor Rock climbing 
  5. Pole Dancing Classes (usually for the ladies).  It is a HARD CORE workout for your core! (yes pun intended!
  6. Zumba
  7. Trampolining
  8. Trapeze and Silks classes-yep, just like in the circus.  A great workout for your core, arms and coordination (watch a video here!) Aerial Silks Video
  9. Aerial Dance-another circus type class that works upper body strength, flexibility and core strength.  
  10. Salsa classes

No comments:

Post a Comment